A few facts about Melbourne
Capital of the state of Victoria
Home to about 3 million people
Famous for :-
- Weather - four seasons in the same day
- Australian Rules Football
- Melbourne Cricket Ground - probably the largest sports venue in the world with seating for about ~100,000 people.
- Rainfall - 300 mm per year evenly distributed. Comes as thunderstorms in the summer and intermittent rain in the winter.
- Temperature - Maximums of 40 C are commonly recorded on 1-3 days each summer. Minimums of 0 C are usually only recorded on the frostiest of nights in winter.
Humidity - Low to very low in the summer, higher in the winter. High humidity is rarely a problem in Melbourne.
- Wind - Melbourne can be windy any time but the windiest period is spring (September - November). March is
the least windy period.
Best time to visit?
I reckon Autumn (March to May) is the best time to see Melbourne. March is probably the nicest month with warm days and cool nights.